The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo III 16g VS TRE port work

turbophein

Ok so i have been wanting to upgrade my turbo for a while to a Evo III 16g, right now i have a TRE spec s16g. also have the TRE 2g Manifold and 2g o2 housing. i finally found one on the forums and here is the comparison of the 2.

you tell me what flows better... the evo turbo is the cleaner one (non ported)

SSPX0390.jpg

SSPX0391.jpg

SSPX0394.jpg

SSPX0395.jpg

SSPX0396.jpg

The only bigger part that i can see on the evo turbo is the exhaust wheel, which is where more top end comes into play with that turbo.

I heard that TRE did some of the best port work but dam! i am lost as what to do with the turbo's now. i wonder if the evo cartridge will fit in the TRE compressor housing?

ok so unfortunately the TRE hotside has cracks around the wg opening which was causing my slow spool up 4200+ RPM, not sure if it can be repaired or if its worth it, but as it sits it should be flowing more than the evo hotside, thats pretty crazy...

Last edited:

belize1334

Housings aside, the ONLY difference between an evoIII-16g and the s-16g is the compressor wheel. The exhaust wheels are both TDo5h. So, upgrading from the s16g to the evoiii should get you a little more air-flow at the 20+psi range but won't make much difference below that where the s16g is more efficient. If it were me I'd just get an evoiii exhaust housing and slap it on there ... that is assuming that the turbo is still in good condition.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned