The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo ecu into vr4

Jim69c

HI guys, iv just finished installing a evo 5 ecu into my e39a vr4, it starts and idles mint, but the Rev counter is not working properly, any ideas?

AllanL

tach signal white wire of the vr4 harness going to the tach should connect to evo5 ecu directly, AND the tach signal connection from your power transistor/tach interface going to the stock gvr4 ecu should be removed/disconnected/cut [white wire] .

in other words, gvr4 ecu pin 109 should connect to evo5 ecu pin 58 directly. AND gvr4 pin 109 SHOULD NOT have any connection to the stock power transistor/tach interface.

hope this helps.

Last edited:

Jim69c

I have vr4 pins 109 connected to e5 58, I have disconnected the white wire at the tacho module on the coil pack and it still doesn't work, ideas?

AllanL

sorry as i may have taught it to you the other way around.

can you try connecting coil tach module white wire directly to tach gauge white wire originally from pin 109?

and no connection to ecu pin 58.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts