The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

evo dash in a gvr4

has anyone attempted to put a evo dash into a galant i was looking but havent found anything

is it possible todo??

curtis

WHY....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3rdstrikedsm

Never going to work, I have changed the dashboards in both cars and the shape will never allow it and I am sure of this unless you hack the sh*t out of it but an evo dash is worth good money so I would not attempt unless your pockets run deep.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

These are not Honda/Acura to swap sh*t back and forth. You want an evo dash, buy a damn evo.

DougPorcaro

Quoting iLLeffeKt vr-4:
These are not Honda/Acura to swap sh*t back and forth. You want an evo dash, buy a damn evo.

Wouldn't have said it any better myself.

Brunoboy

Quoting iLLeffeKt vr-4:

agreed lol

H05TYL

Sure the vr4 dash ain't pretty, but the late model evo ones are hardly any better - yuck

curtis

You want to do something killer find a 3000 and try to get that and the center to work. Always though there dashes were killer but with a car that wide I bet the width is over 6 inches to wide.

click here for picture of one

GIjoe

^^ yeah, I think our dashes are nice, and the quality is good too.

EVO dashes are ugly and the materials used are tacky... (one of the main reasons why I won't buy one..I know, I'm wierd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

496of2000

Quoting passo:
has anyone attempted to put a evo dash into a galant i was looking but havent found anything

is it possible todo??

It's possible, you would have to do this. I guessing but the EVO may use the the newer obd2/can buss to communicate, our car is OBD1. web page car and driver

Last edited:

blacksheep

Having taken an Evo dash in and out more than once, I will say the Evo dash quality is inferior to the gvr4. Now, I know the gvr4 dash cracks and such and "lifts" with sun exposure, but its quite decent feel wise - Evo feels so much cheaper. Even the Evo X dash feels cheap and such.

But the Evo X instrument cluster is very nice looking compared to the VIII/IX especially at night...I absolutely love it!

3rdstrikedsm

Also remember the evo dash is ment to be disposable if an airbag deployment were to occur and the gvr4 was never ment to be changed.
Gvr4 dash is much more heavy than that of a ct9a evo.

4thStroke

The funny thing is, my car lived in florida for most of its life and the dash doesnt have any cracking or lifting. Ive seen them crack and lift, I just dont know how mine got through the florida sun in such good shape.

GIjoe

^you have to take care of it...I always cover the dash during summer time.

Boostdtalon

Ok I have an evo and a galant. I like the evo dash but actually prefer the galant dash more. And to be honest I wouldn't want to swap anything from the two except for the brembos.

the only reason i ask is cause my brother got in a accident and they totled the evo out but he bought it back for the motor and trans and he is giving me his dash complete with everything, and thought it would be a cool project todo sence i got the dash for free with everything...

Sell the dash , and put the proceeds toward your gvr4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Tell him you want the seats too.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned