The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EVO Brake Caliper Bracket - Gone?

belize1334

Quote:
Yeah, I've been really happy with the rear setup I have, and it compliments the front Camaro upgrade really well (Per calculations by user Luke), plus the E brake still works. Schleim pretty much summed up the benefits.

So what rotor did you use and how did you relocate the caliper? Did you have a new bracket designed with an integrated float or did you just build an adapter to relocate and reuse the existing bracket?

Last edited:

4thStroke

And I thought Alpha was joking when he said he was going to copy and sell them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

IncorpoRatedX

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for all the helpful info guys!

kartorium

If you wanted to utilize the evo stuff in the rear couldn't you swap to some 3kgt trailing arms? I feel like this has been confirmed as an option, yet widens the track by 5mm or so.

BrandonEchols

Quoting Whoodoo:
If you can sort out the cables, swapping a pair of 3000GT VR-4 trailing arms in back will get you the drum-style e-brake. I can't wait to get my car here in NY so I can get moving again on my suspension/brake project (full 3KGT front and rear W/ trailing arms).

This is what I plan on doing.
I have the calipers, KMV brackets, and rear trailing arms already...waiting on my Bilsteins to get finished and then going to snag rotors and pads and get it all set-up...just waiting to do it all at one time.
I'll have a "How-To" up once I finish.

thecman02

Alright so were waiting on brackets. Switch the rear trailing arm to the 3000gt shiz and woolah? Hurry up and get the damn how to up Brandon :p

BrandonEchols

Working on it...ran into a few unforeseen issues I'm working through, along with still waiting on some parts.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned