The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ETS Intercooler and Intake

Have some questions about them. I already have the ETS intercooler on the car. I also have most of the ETS intake minus the coupler that connects to the stock MAF. Last owner went through lots of steps to make sure the stock intake was used. Using the stock setup makes sense because it draws colder air from the outside and the air canister is sealed.

I am wondering if it is worth the effort to use the ETS intake setup instead. I have everything apart anyways...I am just wondering how bad sucking in hot air from the engine bay would be. I do have a vented hood, so maybe that would negate the extra heat?

Also....Looking at the intercooler, it says that it only supports up to 23 PSI? That comes as a surprise. Anyone have an idea if that is accurate or not?

click

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

4thStroke

That core is good for more than 23psi. I ran 33psi through mine and I don't believe I had found its limits.

The ETS intake will probably breathe better, but may also suck in a bit more warm air.

Awesome input....so if it were you...would you go for the intake? Seems like a draw!

4thStroke

At the time, I did buy their intake. The filter still won't be pulling air right off the radiator like a lot of setups and will also be far away from the exhaust manifold.

Also, I think it should be worth noting, my car made 557awhp with their 3 inch core (an older core, the new ones are good a for a bit more) and the intake temps weren't anything abnormal.

Here is a link to my old "for sale" ad which has some detail as to how the core does at more than 23psi. click

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts