The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ETACS diagnose, or help me read this diagram

gtluke

Really I need help cause it's cold out and I don't want to stand outside all day freezing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
My radio, clock, and dome light, door locks, ect, went out on the way to work today.
Looks like everthing in the ETACS system.

I THINK I smelled something like burning, but who the hell knows.

I figure I'll check out a few things before finding a new ETACS

click
I'll check power on pin 36 on the ETACS but:

Reading from the top of that diagram
What is sub fusible link #1? Is that the fuse on the battery? Why is that called a fusible link and not a dedicated fuse?
Under that, what is the 17 in the circle 10amp?? Is that another fuse somewhere? where? Under the hood?
Then 2 more connectors, anyone have any idea where those are?

JSchleim18

Sub fusible link 1 is the set of fuses directly off the battery (seatbelt, ABS, ABS, etc).

17 is the fuse number in the fuse box directly in front of the pass side shock tower under the hood.

I assume "C-37" and "C-42" are the two other connectors you're looking for? Try to do a search in Adobe for them in the service manual. There should be a section in the manual that gives you the connectors locations. They're named normally by "C-xx"

Hope this helps a little.

gtluke

Yeah that helps thanks.
Now hopefully I can remember how I rewired my fuse box. I ditched that little battery add on fuse thing because it's ultra annoying and put the one fuse that I still needed into the big fuse box, somewhere... But I did check all those fuses and they were fine.
It's warming up outside, I'll go peek in a bit.

gtluke

Okay wtf?
This morning I found a blow fuse in my interior fuse box for the power seat belts, but I don't have those anymore. I tried a new fuse anyway and it didn't do anything so I took it out.
I unplugged my ETAC today to check for power, nothing. Put a fuse in, and everything but the radio works, but the fuse on the physical sony radio is blown.
EVERYTHING works with ETACS unplugged. WTF? intermitant wipers, locks, windows, everything. Actually I don't think the dome light works, but my door switches often don't work.
I'm confused now on the role of the ETACS and wtf blew this fuse.
Trying to find another blade fuse to make sure the radio isn't shorted.
-Luke

gtluke

sh*t, the radio is shorted out or something. Even with the car off, I plug in the radio and it blows the on board fuse.
Lame, it's like 2 years old and I really like it. $130 to repair it from Sony, it was a $200 radio.
Ugh
Turns out it's my radio and I'm a shitty mechanic and sucked at diagnosing this problem this morning.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts