The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

engine rebuild

hi i have just overhauled my engine. it is a 4g63 doch engine to a mitsubishi gallant 1991 model. and I'm interested in a little hotter camshaft. engine is original with no turbo. so wonder if someone can give me some tips on what cam I should buy: P thanks

fivestardsm

The first tip is to search the site. This has been covered many many times. It all depends on what you are looking for and the mods that you are running or planning to run.

I personally was running a set of web street grinds, they were just right for what I was doing. Fairly mild. My webs on the first start up.

Barnes

Hey fivestar; the guy said the car has no turbo. So I'm guessing just an LS Galant or something like that. He should leave the car alone.

SouthCaliVR4

norge, I don't know where this is but I'm guessing not a lot of dsms running around.

What are your plans for the car? are you thinking about adding a turbo set up or remaining N/A? either way you'll get more bang for your buck upgrading intake & exhaust before cams but if you're right there now, we do need more info to recommend any particular cam type.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Norge is Norway.

I have the original 4g63 doch engine, and I bought this:

click : 1992 & hash = # item255bf24062 ht_2618wt_716

click # ht_1850wt_948

Also, I bought the engine overhauling and piston kit with bearings.
I'm not going two buy the turbo kit for it is not allowed in overcharged These turbo cars in Norway. So What I was thoughtfully and get something more hp in the original engine. Do not Know What To Do on the inlet side. But if anyone Knows of any good thing two do on the inlet side so I am happy for the tips. I'm hoping for 180 two 200 hp in the engine if it is Possible Without the turbo.
Also, I bought the engine overhauling and piston kit with bearings.
I'm not going to buy the turbo kit for it is not allowed in these turbocharged cars in Norway. so what I thought was and get some more hp in the original engine. do not know what to do on the inlet side. but if anyone knows of any good thing to do on the inlet side so I am glad for the tips. I'm hoping for 180 to 200 hp in the engine if it is possible without the turbo.
As mentioned, the engine is original, has not done anything with it yet
plans for the car is a little more hp without a turbo. I'm open to all suggestions: P thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts