The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Engine measurements?

rdomeck

I can't seem to find a Chiltons manual locally for our cars. I did a search for engine tolerances, but I can never get this sites search engine to do anything for me...It just pulls up all the post from newest to oldest. Anyway is there a archive place that has all the crank journal sizes, cyl. bore, piston clearance, torque specs. Etc? I'll keep looking for a book tomorrow.

rdomeck

Anybody?....I have checked five stores and no luck! Library is next I guess.

Here's the Engine Overhaul FSM for an 1G DSM/Mirage Engine Manual. Should give you the measurements you're looking for. Just make sure you look at the 4G63 Engine as there are a few different engines listed in there.

CarRacer

There's a link at the top of the page titled "Library", it has PDFs of the engine manual you are looking for as well as a bunch of other helpful stuff.

rdomeck

Thanks for the reply guys. I did a search, but the search on this site never yields me any results and I didn't even think to look in the library. I did however manage to find a book at the 5th place I went into. It had the cover ripped in half and had been looked through many times. I was able to get $5 off of it! The engine build is almost complete. Just waiting on a good head gasket to arrive and it will be on it's way back in with a few upgrades....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts