The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Engine Coolant Switch positions

Gtpdz

When Looking at the FSM I noticed there is a switch for radiator fan on the thermostat housing (number4) :

However when looking at some pics online I noticed in a 90s housing it has a thermo valve at where the #4 coolant switch is according to FSM:

I wonder what's the difference between a 90's lowing housing and a GVR4?

Also can anyone help with the part number for that coolant temp switch? Thanks.

tektic

#4 is the fail safe switch. It will switch on BOTH fans when it reaches its set temp. Its not found on dsm afaik.

CutlassJim

The housing from that second picture is from a DSM not a Galant.

G

Staff member
A little off topic, but I want to have both (a/c pusher & rad puller) fans turn on instead of just the stock puller. Is it as simple as jumping a wire on a relay?

G

Staff member
Damn I can't find a how to on it.

marvinmadman

Jump the 2 RAD relay signal grounds together inside the underhood fusebox

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned