The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Engine bay A/C electrical connection

Lucas03ES

So I'm reinstalling my electrical harness in my vr4, and I noticed that a 3-prong triangle shaped connector that appears to go to the A/C compressor connection has two wires pulled out of it. The colors of the wires are blk/red, blu/wht, & yel/blk. Can anyone verify that this is for the A/C compressor, and could I possibly get a picture of how they are supposed to go in to the connector, so I can solder in a new connector?

Also, the connections look as though they were pulled out, as there is bare copper on the ends of them both. Is there a way to reconnect them in to the original connector without just cutting all the wires and soldering a new one on there?

I appreciate all input, thanks fellas! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Chad989of2000

Can you post a pic of this connector? It sounds like you're talking about the AC compressor (pump) connector. Truthfully, the easiest thing to do is get a new connector and splice the wires. Unless you really want to solder or trust that the inside of the connector is still in good working order after having the wiring yanked out. I imagine that another connector is easy enough to source used.

Lucas03ES

Resampled_2011-12-15_19-54-13_760.jpg

It is on the back side of the intake manifold, and it looks like the knock sensor plug is right near it. Im almost certain it is for the A/C compressor.

gvr41190

I took my engine and harness out without labeling the connectors. Duh. I've been using the factory service manual and methodically identifying connectors based on their position on the harness, the number of pins, and the wire colors. I can confirm that connector is B-05 for the AC.

Chad989of2000

I also just confirmed with my car, that the blue connects on the left and the yellow wire goes to the right.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned