The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

energy suspension bushing kit work on gvr4?

Will my energy suspension master bushing kit from my 1g work on my galant vr4?

this is whats included:

-Front Control Arm Bushings
- Rear Control Arm Bushings
- Subframe Bushings
- Front 20mm Sway Bar Bushings
- Rear 20mm Sway Bar Bushings
- Front Sway Bar End Links Bushings
- Rear Sway Bar End Link Bushings
- Tie Rod End Boots

thanks, Matt

Polish

-Front Control Arm Bushings- Yes, have them on my car
- Rear Control Arm Bushings- Yes, have them for my car. Not installed yet though.
- Subframe Bushings- Rear Yes, because the subframes are the same. Front, not sure.
- Front 20mm Sway Bar Bushings- Maybe, Our front sway is 21mm which is why it's a TIGHT fit. I got the Whiteline model which is meant for a 21mm bar. Fit's Perfect. --Rear 20mm Sway Bar Bushings-Our rear bar is 19mm, so the 20mm would be loose. Whiteline makes the proper 19mm bushing
- Front Sway Bar End Links Bushings- ?
- Rear Sway Bar End Link Bushings- ?
- Tie Rod End Boots- Yes

Energy also sells the rear trailing arm bushings, it might be part of what they call the rear control arm bushings in that kit though. They do fit though.

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
What front swaybar endlink bushings? Our cars (and DSM's) don't have them on the front. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

^ The 1.8l DSM's use endlink bushings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

atc250r

Staff member
Those don't count as real DSM's, they don't break enough.

Polish

Fixed my post, I should pay more attention next time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Boostin21

why bother with that when you are selling the car matt, not worth the hassle of pressing bushings.
just include them when the car is sold.

a guy on here wants to buy them for his gvr4, that why i asked this question.

^ sorry i was on my buddies computer with his name logged in.

but ya i wasn't sure if they fit, so i started this. Now i have the answer and its up to him if he wants them

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts