The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Electrical issues - dash lights / headlights

yeti

So ever since I bought the car I only have headlights and dash lights when the ignition is ON

Dash lights and brake lights would light up when hitting clutch or break. Regardless of ignition

I took my clutch pedal out and in the the other day and a day later my dash lights stopped working
But still work with the pedals.

Just wondering where in the fork do I start on this mess?

Other than that 1292 is running great and is my daily driver 🍻🍻🍻

3278C352-FB09-4B72-AE87-E108E5AC514F.png

DACD26A8-389F-4004-B379-E8A8F294E765.png

yeti

So my tail light fuse was blown, put it back in and dash works ( cause of taillight & dash safety system )

But I still only have headlights with ignition ON and clutch pedal still activates brake lights along with brake pedal doing the same

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Memory is a bit fuzzy, but I seem to remember that the headlights on this vehicle only light with ignition on. All the other lights work anytime, right?

For the brake light coming on with the clutch, pull the wiring off the clutch switch and see what happens (you may have to jumper it to start the car, not sure, and I'm not thinking about it that hard right now). Wires between those to (clutch and brake switch) may be crossed, contacting or one is grounding out through the other. Make sure they are both hooked up right.

yubh8tn

Car will start with the clutch switch unplugged^

headlights only come on with ignition on. I've killed my battery a few times by shutting the car off but not the running lights because the headlights turn off automatically.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned