The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Eclipse GSX AWD Clutch??

I just bought this from a guy who has totally redone it, new engine, and a new clutch, but i cant get it into first gear when its on, but all the others work, and 1st goes in fine when the car is off, but the guy said that he doesnt know if the clutch has been bled, does anyone have any ideas as to why my 1st gear wont go in???

thanks.

Wizardawd

#1, bleed the clutch, #2 adjust the clutch pedal.

Wiz

Hey by the why my gsx has a gauge for upping the boost but, do you think I should just turn it all the way down as I break in the new motor what would be best for that? and what do you think of break in oil additive should I use it or is it all B.S.? This car has all the reciept for all new parts and work so I know it it great shape and I just don't want to miss up a car like this. its Plymouth rs turbo and so I think its more rare of a car. any way thanks for the help I'm new to the dsm cars but not afraid to say it.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Turn the boost down but make sure the engine dosnt run rich. Otherwise the excess gasoline will wash down the cylinders and the rings will not seat.
Don't add anything to your oil. Just use regular oil for the first few thousand miles and change it often. Later on you can switch to synthetic.

As for breaking in the engine run a search on google about "mototune usa engine break in secrets" or go to amspeformace.com and look in the tech section for their version.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned