The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ebay radiator/hoses

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Anyone try this? Looks like it is still missing the bung for the temp sensor.

radiator

Or these? Garfield?

hoses 1

These are the only ones I have seen where the picture actually looks like they might fit.

hoses 2

boostedinaz

PM 3of1000. He has some Samco radiator hoses for sale brand new.

524of1000

FWIW I bought some "autobahn 88" hoses for an evo 3 and with a little trimming they work great so far. No distorion or leaks when I overheated. I purchsed a 1g radiator and it's kinda crooked. IDK if it was made that way or if it happened from shipping, but it fits and as long as it holds coolant I'll use it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

gvr4me

The hoses are a little bit bigger for the civic radiator. That's what I have on my galant. I just tightened the clamp really tight.

boostin4door

I just purchased that radiator 2 months ago[not many out there for our cars these days & didn't want a 1g rad.]...priced right,shipped fast, good welds & it's REALLY nice!! It is thicker than the OEM rad.

But, the fan switch bung is TOO small & the switch won't fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
[It's a 16mmx1.25mm thread]I think.
I went to NAPA to try & find another switch w/that thread & specs. with no luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif
Called a machine shop to see if they had a tap in metric that big..no go! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
Went to ACE to try and find a bolt in that size to make a "home made" tap. No luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I then thought about having a new bung welded on, but the size & thread pitch of the switch is rare. And I couldn't find a alum. bung that big in metric.

A Mitsu-tech friend of mine had to drill/tap it out with a big drill bit and a "home made" tap made from a 16mm X 1.25mm banjo bolt[from a Toyota truck trans. cooler]Not sure what model.
It's perfect now, but was a PITA!!! but worth it.
In the Ebay ad he's states "it's a direct replacement".. LOL!! I PM'ed him & told him about the problem. He said "thnaks for the info & he would look into improving on that"...

I regards to silicone rad. hose I use these:
click
they come in red & blue also.
Really good product,no difference than the Mishimoto/Samco stuff,priced right, shipped in 2 days & of course had to trim them alittle to fit.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned