The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

EAST COAST MOD -- October 3rd 2015

dustyduff

I haven't been active for a while since my car has been parked for the past year, however she's back and running (for now). Any east coast guys plan on attending? I'm not going to miss this years event. In previous years we met up as a small group and drove to the event together. I'm only approximately 15 mins from the event if people were interested in getting together.

Mitsubishi Owners Day - East Coast
Hey East Coasters! Join us for the 10th anniversary of Mitsubishi Owners Day at Campbell's Field in Camden, NJ. Bring your Mitsubishi, your friends, and your family for a day of fun-filled activities. More details will be posted soon.

October 03 2015
9 am - 1 pm

Campbell's Field
400 N Delaware Ave,
Camden, New Jersey 08103

dustyduff

Glad to still see you around too Shane. It's a shame you're out towards the western side, because I figured you'd be one of the few who would definitely be here. Hoping we can have a turnout like with did a few years ago with almost 10 cars. Took me a while to shake some demons loose from the car, but it's ready for this year.

transparentdsm

Quoting dustyduff:
Glad to still see you around too Shane. It's a shame you're out towards the western side, because I figured you'd be one of the few who would definitely be here. Hoping we can have a turnout like with did a few years ago with almost 10 cars. Took me a while to shake some demons loose from the car, but it's ready for this year.

im glad to see your still around, if i wasn't out here in Tahoe i would def attened. also funny thing, my computer background is actually the picture we took of all the cars under the bridge on the water.

GSTwithPSI

OK, so pending the installation of my non-turbo throttle body, this should be a go for me. Can we get a count going, and anyone driving from the Maryland area?

tektic

Doing an oil change today adding a cooler and fixing a couple smaller leaks. Its firs oil change after second rebuild. Pending no metal I'll see you there. Trying to get a local vr4 guy to come but he says he's wants to go to English town instead. Might do both.

transparentdsm

might as well do both. there not to far from each other and MOD will be over by early afternoon.

PS can someone try to score me a MOD goody bag please...

GSTwithPSI

Well, 1837 is running great, so I'll be rolling out early Saturday morning to make the trip to Camden. The forecast isn't looking so great, though... 50% percent change of rain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif . It rained last year, and although it was still a good time, I think it killed the turnout a bit. I hope you guys go rain or shine. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Shane, I'll see if I can get an extra bag. They were being pretty stingy last year with them, though.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Fawk. 70% chance of rain with 25mph winds. I'm not sure I want to drive 4 hours round trip to hang out in a hurricane...

H2O international is this weekend as well. It's one of the biggest shows on the East Coast. Horrible weekend for anything outdoors here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

dustyduff

Yeah, the rain is certainly going to put a damper on things. I have no problem going there in the rain, but a substantial downpour and big winds? I'm going to have the car ready and may have to play it by ear depending on what the weather looks like. If the forecast is accurate, I'd be surprised if anyone showed up....lol

GSTwithPSI

Well, looks like the event in still definitely on: click

Currently, I'm looking at 40% chance of rain and 23mph winds. Google says the rain might clear up around the time the event starts, though.

I'm just gonna say f*** it and go. It's the last event of the year for me before the car goes into the garage for hibernation, and I'm not going to miss out. The weather sucked last year too, and it was still a great time. Even with the rain, the turnout was still pretty good. click

Driving in the rain blows, but it's nothing a little wash won't remedy. At least now I don't have to spend hours detailing the car before I go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rock.gif

Also, no drones this year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

desant78

I'll be in attendance, but unfortunately my vr4 doesn't move on its own power so i'll be there in an plain-jane stock evo X.

Also, CruiseWeek, which is 0ct 9-10-11 is the weekend to go to OCMD. H20 is now mostly a stance crowd. Cruise week is unreal HP driving down the street.

GSTwithPSI

Sweet, looking forward to seeing you guys there!

I finished up the new TB install and cleaned everything up under the hood. Then, I put a couple coats of wax on to protect from the rain. I'm really hoping for a dry trip!

GSTwithPSI

Actually, it's looking pretty good for tomorrow. Google is saying only around 20% of rain from noon on. It's gonna be windy though.

Last edited:

desant78

Quoting transparentdsm:
might as well do both. there not to far from each other and MOD will be over by early afternoon.

PS can someone try to score me a MOD goody bag please...

Send me your address!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts