The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

E85 35psi 678hp/496tq

onesickcrx

Quoting TheBoz:
Quoting onesickcrx:
By the way glad to see you switch to E85 I sell VP and am going with E85 as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good numbers

I love E85 so far. I dont think I will ever go back to race gas. I can buy 30 gallons of E85 for what I could buy 5 gallons of Q16 for. I am making more power on E85 than I did on Q16. I like the e85 out of the pump. I know it is not consistant from pump to pump, but I am pretty cool with that.

My next goal is to hit the dyno again and really focus on the timing, and get the power up across the board. So really dial in the timing at 25+ psi. I know the car has a lot more in it.

I also want to get the turbo to spool up a little faster, however it spooling slow is keeping my stock transmission in one piece.

I think I am going to go from -1* at peek boost/peek torque to about 0* or even 1 degree. That should make this thing just nasty. I will test it at the track next weekend.

I look foward to hearing and seeing more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do you think those 2150cc injectors are worth swithing to right off the bat when running E85? or do you think 1850's will cover it with the two pumps?

Quoting onesickcrx:
Quoting TheBoz:
Quoting onesickcrx:
By the way glad to see you switch to E85 I sell VP and am going with E85 as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good numbers

I love E85 so far. I dont think I will ever go back to race gas. I can buy 30 gallons of E85 for what I could buy 5 gallons of Q16 for. I am making more power on E85 than I did on Q16. I like the e85 out of the pump. I know it is not consistant from pump to pump, but I am pretty cool with that.

My next goal is to hit the dyno again and really focus on the timing, and get the power up across the board. So really dial in the timing at 25+ psi. I know the car has a lot more in it.

I also want to get the turbo to spool up a little faster, however it spooling slow is keeping my stock transmission in one piece.

I think I am going to go from -1* at peek boost/peek torque to about 0* or even 1 degree. That should make this thing just nasty. I will test it at the track next weekend.

I look foward to hearing and seeing more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do you think those 2150cc injectors are worth swithing to right off the bat when running E85? or do you think 1850's will cover it with the two pumps?

The BlueMax injector line is awesome. I had very good luck with my 1350cc injectors. However at 25psi on E85 the DC's were getting into the 70-75% range, not leaving me enough overhead for a lot more boost. The 2150cc injectors are just awesome on e85. I have not ran any 91oct through them yet, and it is hard to say when that will happen. But even on 10psi on the 2150cc injectors the car pulled very clean and ran like a champ. The Idle was very good on E85, considering I put the injectors in the car 30 min before driving to the dyno and did not have any time to dail in the idle at all.

For anyone that is thinking about running E85, Pump Gas, C16 or any other non oxygenated fuels I would 1000000000% recommend the FIC 1100cc or the 2150cc high impedence injectors.

Now the whole BlueMax line has been really good to me. The 1350cc injectors are easy to tune and drive really well. SO they are a good middle ground. So depending on your HP requirements any of the BlueMax series is worth the money. If you are ever thinking about going big power just do the 2150cc injectors, do waste time on the small ones.

ghostinthevr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Congradulations Kieth, those numbers are insane. I'm at Fontana speedway right now picking up my motor from John. After seeing those numbers I'm glad you sent me to him. I'm gonna show him this post, I'm sure he'll be happy to see it. Next time you go to the track pm me. Thanks again for telling me about Coasta Mesa R&D. I can't wait to drop that beast in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tsiboy

you better bring this monster to this years MOD 2010. i want you to take the trophy this year!!!

I am going to try to get the boost up before MOD. I want to break the 700hp mark. So a little bit more timing and a few more psi and I will be good to go.

Ive noticed that when some of my friends converted to e85 there tourqe numbers jump like crazy. Shane at dbpreformance out here says that e85 is a good fuel to make big tourqe numbers. cant wait to convert my gvr4 over to the gooood sh*t /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

alansupra94

Its shame NJ doesn't have it.

I have to get it by the barrel in NYC for my supra /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Just trying to figure out how to deal with my fuel take, as I am going to run dual bosch 044 pumps. I am upgrading from -6 to -8an to the fuel rail, and doing some magic with the pumps.

I am also going to do a saturn alternator, because my cars battery voltage dips in the high RPMs.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned