The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

e30-e50 Q&A

prove_it

Well the time has finally come and around here we now have blender pumps and steady E-30 pumps. I've been trying to find out what the octane levels are for the various blends of ethanol and gas. I am thinking E30 should be around the 91-95 mark, does that seem logical or is it lower? Also would a 30% blend yield performance advantages or be as good as a good 93 octane 10% blend. Currently I'm paying 2.95 a gal for 93 octane and E-30 is 2.20 a gal.

curtis

go read this ....the turbobuick guys are always up on this stuff. They were mixing toluene and xylene before these cars were built.

I had one customer playing with E30 and it ran pretty good. He was doing 25psi+. You do need to add ~5% more fuel for every 10% more ethanol added though.
click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts