The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dyno Day Results!

14bCrazy

You could try to ad so feul pressure.

Lonewolf64

I sure would do that if I had an AFPR to do it with. I chose the Evo 8 fuel pump specifically because it was the largest size you can go without overrunning the stock FPR. Unfortunately it does not provide enough fuel for what I'm now doing so it looks like an AFPR and bigger pump are in my future.

I also want to take this time to say that none of this would be possible for me without the help and guidance from my older brother and fellow vr4 owner, Mike. He is known on here as Whistler, and is a walking encyclopedia when it comes to the 4g63.

Quoting ktmrider:
Out of curiousity what is the 2g MAF flow cap?!?

A 2G MAS will typically start to overrun at ~425 wheel HP. So, as he said, it would be very difficult to overrun one with the EVO3 turbo.
Has your turbine housing/wastegate area been ported? That would fix the creep issue. I'd like to see what you would make holding a steady 23psi. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Has the fuelpump been rewired? Rewired, the EVO pump can supply almost exactly enough fuel for the EVO 560cc injectors running at 43psi base fuel pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonewolf64

I can't recall if my turbine housing/wastegate area has been ported but I do know that if I put my MBC back on I have no creep. Changing nothing but the MBC to the EBC I have creep.

This tells me that the problem lies with the EBC and not with porting the turbine housing/wastegate area.

Sean92AWD

Nice numbers man. I am hoping to be right in that area on my E3 before i upgrade.

Only differences are. I have a 255 rewired, 660's, AFPR and a MAFT and stock cams.

turbofonz

Quoting Lonewolf64:
23psi is considered the ragged edge for pump gas that you can get away with on a stock 7.8:1 compression E3 16g setup. If I'm not mistaken CP runs 23psi on pump gas in all his events.

Keep in mind that I did encounter some knock on the top end due to creep. I still have some work ahead of me.

I'm spiking to 27psi quickly in the midrange, but the low timing in that area makes for no knock. I run evo timing maps with ecmlink v3, and it naturally kills the timing where the large boost spike is. Up top (where I'm making max power) boost is ALWAYS at 21-20psi with a normal 20* advance. I would kill to be able to run 23+ up high.

I commented about the injectors, because I'm running Denso 660's and have a few logs where I'm 97-98% IDC's. I just picked up some RC1000's so I'll be fine for a while.

Whistler

Great numbers bro! Thanks for the acknowledgment, I am glad I did not lead you astray.

I think the results are a testament to your attention to detail and the philosophy of maintenance before mods. This setup is ideal for a street car, and I would not change a thing other then fix the boost creep issue. With this power band, the car should be an absolute blast at the AutoX. 300+ ftlb of torque and almost instant boost response /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

@ keydiver: Jeff, your work on the chips is awesome! As already stated, there are no tuning devices installed other then your chip. The car drives great and with good fuel economy!

The turbo exhaust housing is indeed ported. There were no creep issues with a MBC installed. The issue appeared after the installation of the TurboXC D-TEC electronic boost controller. I am sure the creep issue can be resolved.

In practical terms, this is close to the theoretical limit of this setup. I am sure the injectors are close to static and the fuel pump is maxed out. Yes, the EVO3 16G can make more power with some bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, more boost, better gas and tuning. However, I think the combination of simplicity, reliability, drivability, and power make this the perfect daily driver setup.

G

Staff member
That's pretty good, my e3b16g produced 350ish but i'm not done with it yet.

evo8ya

Very nice #'s. That's about where 807 aswell. I'd upgrade your pump to a 255hp before the injectors though. I've made 360whp in my evo with the stock injectors. They're trying to compensate for the pump being out of flow. Likin the wheels too BTW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts