The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DSMer ready for more room. Want GVR4 shell gray.

Hi, my name is Aaron I live in MN, I currently drive a '91 talon panda colored. On a new setup this year HX35 bolton, last year was on a E316G went 11.7@120 on stock trans. I have the itch for more room and something a little more practical, plus I picked up an old Z car so I don't really have a need for two 2 seaters.

I am keeping an eye open for a mint rust free Kensington Gray shell, so if anyone could help that would be appreciated. I will be swapping everything out of my rust free UT car shell.

Thanks

Aaron

Welcome to the org.
Have you tried the cars for sale section? That would be a great start. There's always craigs list. Good luck!

CarRacer

Rust is going to be tough to avoid around here. I'd factor a plane ticket to a warmer climate into your budget for the shell. A shell that fits your needs is bound to pop up in the FS section sooner or later though if you wait.

Good luck with the search.

Nartanian

Welcome, I'll keep my eyes peeled for a shell. What's your price range?

Thanks guys, I don't mind travelling to pick up a clean shell and I am searching nationwide. I am in no hurry for it.
Price range I am not sure, whatever a good price on a clean shell maybe 1-2k.
I still have to get a ride and maybe some drive time in a GVR4 to be 100% it is the car for me as everyday I drive my talon I don't feel like I can part with it and the fact it is so close to being done.

I saw that car, didn't really like the rust bubbles.

I can tell you that the gvr4 is so much roomier than the 1g. The gvr4 has elbow room you didn't know existed after spending so much time in a 1g/2g dsm. It's a world of a difference for daily commuting & you still get the same performance. You also get less rattles in a gvr4 than a 1g/2g.

1990ggsxnj

Noticably quieter ride too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

atc250r

Staff member
If you want to buy a GVR4 please take a moment to place an ad in the WTB thread in the Cars For Sale forum. Oh, and welcome to the board.

John

4wheelsqueal

Quoting jepherz:
Quoting 2of9:
did you see this one?

click

Not exactly rust free, though.

picking this one up friday. Sorry!

Terry Posten

Another DSMer wanting to come over to the "right" side of the world. MMC baby!

Tons more room under the hood too.

I will sell you a mint shell for $9K. Just add motor and tranny. But you would have to settle for the FASTEST color. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well i got a ride thanks to a local here in MN and I loved it. I am sure that I want one, i just need to see to raise the funds and see if I can really for once part with my DSM, I have so much time and memories with it not to mention the fact that it is really clean.

I just need a shell as I finally want to make power and really just build a motor. I already have a stg. 2.5 TRE trans and turbo setup to rock.

A question, I am right in assuming that these cars having a sunroof, means that the sunroof slides above the car when open right?
I think thats the diff. between a sunroof and a moonroof.

I found a couple already one in UT and CA

Thanks for the offer i was just looking at that, but I want AC and something that hasn't been harassed.

I'm actually going to look at a KG VR4 tomorrow I think.

I don't know if i should make another thread about this, but What are the common rust areas on GVR4s? Other problems?

Terry Posten

The sunroofs in a VR4 pop up but if you want it to slide back, it pulls into the car and slide above the headliner.

A much better design that just flipping up and sliding over top of the roof.

Thank you so much, I have always wanted a sunroof in my car, out of 4 dsms i have had 0.

I can't wait to get one even more now, I have noticed its the small things that make a big difference.

Now if someone can point me on a what to look for when buying gvr4s type thread/info.

Terry Posten

The GVR4 is now 18+ years old now. Unless they have been done already, you will need to do wheel bearings and strut work. Springs will be worn out too.

So if you want a good roller and don't want to have to worry about the shell, make sure the running gear has been replaced. The stock replacement stuff is not too pricey and is readily availible.

Check the rear seat for dried out leather/stitching.

A good carpet is a good thing. Carpeting is NLA.

Rust starts under the battery tray. Even on a good looking shell, look there.

Good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts