The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dsm seat fitment ..

90blacktsi

I am looking to cut a little more weight from my galant for next years season.. I was wondering if DSM front seats bolt up directly? It would fit the budget nicely considering good seats cost a pretty penny and im sure it would cut some weight compared to the leathers . Otherwise might go with some eBay seats until I figure something out . Thanks

-Bryan

mitsuturbo

I could be mistaken, but i believe the seats in the gaylant actually weigh LESS than those in the DSMs.

90blacktsi

Really? even the cloth dsm seats? I was under the impression the leathers weight allot more . I guess I should do some more research on the weight.

tyeler18

I actually just had both my cloth 1g seats and my gvr4 seats out (it was vacuuming weekend) and I agree, the GVR4 seats do seem to weigh the same if not slightly less. If you plan on doing anything other than drag racing though, the 1g bolsters are ever so slightly larger, adding a bit more lateral support.

donkeylips

I agree that the Galant ones aren't any heavier but they have no side support!
The leather 1g seats are awesome.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned