The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Driving across country

transparentdsm

went to a chiropractor, got some bayer and we headed out yesterday morning. we are now in west wendover, nv and have 446 miles left. should be in tahoe by 2ish, then we start the house hunt and i will post the rest of the pictures of the trip later tonight or tomorrow.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting Steve001:
Man I can't imagine driving one 22 year old car across country let alone two...

How about a 40 year old car you bought sight unseen? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif That was my adventure and I wouldnt trade it for anything.

Props to you for picking up and moving man! I'll be headed to arizona within the next 8 months pending how my job works it out. Road trips are a blast and seem to go pretty smooth if you know when to not push things, both the car and your own body.

raptorWagon

^ this, done it once in the VR4 from VA to WA, then a couple years ago with my 77 wagon that just like Josh, bought sight unseen and only replaced the distributor, cleaned carb, and basic tuneup then drove from SC to WA. Wipers started working properly in Illinois lol.

IncorpoRatedX

Man, mine took until texas to start working right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

transparentdsm

hahah^ you guys are awesome. i don't get to claim my old car ride just yet, one of these days ill get the throttle unstuck and a new top put on my 64 corvair and bring that bad girl out here.

well all said and done. the durango, 1078 and 138 all made it to tahoe safe and sound and have even take a few trip into and around town. now is house hunting time.

GSX_TC

Glad you made it safely man, don't forget to change the oils and filters on all the cars. Your gonna love Cali weather and so will the VR4's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

transparentdsm

oh this isn't my first time. i lived here for over 8 years, im just coming back to the place i love and the place i got engaged. cait and i love it here more than anywhere we have been. the vr4's are very happy and so are we. more pictjures on this thread in the next few day.

JamesFoster

Love the pictures, and I love that you aren't scared to drive these things across country. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

transparentdsm

Thank you everyone for following and reading this thread. i love my cars and i love to drive them. if anyone is ever in the sacramento - lake tahoe - carson city area let me know and id be more then glad to meet up with fellow vr4 members. so here are the closing pictures from the trip and i will be adding some pictures of the car around tahoe, the lake and on the mountain passes around here in the next few days. we are still house hunting so fingers crossed there, then its time for the california smog.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts