The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Driver side axle seal question...

SleepinGVR4

This is pertaining to the seal that goes in the trans on the drivers side.

Which direction should the notch be facing, up? With the relief hole facing down?

And what does everyone use to make sure the seal goes in square?

turbowop

Notch up, hole down.

I use a block of wood to hammer it in. The front dust protector part just flexes in when installing it. Never had an issue with one doing it that way.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
These seals can leak if you get them in too far.

turbowop

I don't think it's possible to press the driver's side seal in too far, since it has a metal ring that stops it from going in any further than needed. It's the passenger side that can be pressed in too far, amirite?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
yurprollyrite. I had that problem with the passenger side.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts