The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dogleg with more "flare"?

4g63mightymax

Hi,
This came with my VR4 project, and I'm wondering why it has more "flare" than the others that I have? Is it from a GGSX or something?

I believe it is part number mb662889

vr4dogleg.jpg

School me please?

Thanks!

minneSNOWta

Isn't that just a factory mudflap? I got two of them too, but not sure if they work or not.

4g63mightymax

Honestly - I'm not sure what the hell it is. I guess its a front dogleg with a mudflap built into it. Was this an option? Mine appears to be all one piece, not a "normal" dogleg with a mudflap attached. I have now created a comparison....

vr4dogleg-comparison.jpg

IncorpoRatedX

galant GSX front piece. not intended to work with the lower side skirts that vr4's have.

IncorpoRatedX

VR4's
100_3161.jpg

dsc_0038_copy2.jpg

GGSX's
100_4494.jpg

185444_10150757209670508_1741944_n.jpg

IncorpoRatedX

closer in spection says it might not be a ggsx, might be a base galant mud flap, notice the lines are quite different.

4g63mightymax

Wow good stuff! But did base Galants even have door plastics? The ones I see online don't seem to...

It is starting to feel like the best plan of attack is to place this item directly into the trash can.

quato

All of the non VR4/GGSX that I have seen at the junkyard were missing any kind of door cladding. Just a chrome strip going all the way around.

4g63mightymax

The mystery continues... Could this be some kind of JDM hawtness possibly?

minneSNOWta

The champagne color ones I have were taken off a base model. My buddy saw them and thought it might be worth a shot, but looks like no go. Not really JDM hawtness if you ask me.

maroonmetallic

The body cladding with the front mudflap & the small ribs is from 91 & up US or Canadian Galants & Dodge/Eagle 2000GTXs that have the 4g63 NA in them. And also the 93 Galant LS.

The only reason these could be considered JDM is they were probably manufactured there.

-Shawn

Last edited:

misterfixit

It's off a 1993 galant. One with claddings and no sideskirts.

The eterna sava's had that style of side clasdding. but in the US you got that for 1993.

Rich

4g63mightymax

Excellent info! - So basically, I should put it into the trash can?

tektic

Has anyone successfuly mached rocker panel covers with thes aformentioned gsx front dog legs? Some side skirts would be a nice addition to my car but would rather not have it look exactly like a vr4. No offense. It's just not a vr4 and I don't want it to be.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned