The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DOES ANYONE KNOW THIS??

chop91vr4

Does anyone know if any other dsm motors will fit this motor? mine decided to spring a hole right where the heat exchanger tube meets it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

prove_it

umm.. what? Motor fitting a motor?

prove_it

Maybe he means the engine temperature reduction cooling transfer unit.

chop91vr4

Quoting chop91vr4:
Does anyone know if any other dsm motors will fit this motor? mine decided to spring a hole right where the heat exchanger tube meets it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

motor 1g, part the water pump inlet pipe.

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

Any 91-95 DSM water pipe will work. If you're water cooled oil cooler (stock) if someone swapped the car to 90 oil filter housing and external oil cooler,
You'd need a 90 pipe.

There's a large o-ring on the pipe where it fits into the housing. Are you sure it isn't the o-ring seal leaking?

Last edited:

chop91vr4

Quoting 467:
There's a large o-ring on the pipe where it fits into the housing. Are you sure it isn't the o-ring seal leaking?

No it seems to be leaking at the smaller pipe where it is welded. looks like I need a new pipe.

chop91vr4

Quoting jepherz:
Technical? I think not.

So then what is your definition of technical? technical should be anything that involves a mechanical question or electrical,or something that has to do with non General questions. henc my question in regards to a mechanical issue.

ktmrider

Quoting chop91vr4:
So then what is your definition of technical? technical should be anything that involves a mechanical question or electrical, or something that has to do with non General questions. henc my question in regards to a mechanical issue.

Here we go ( again ), another new owner who doesn't even try to search and gets snarky at the drop of a hat.

EHmotorsports

Chop. Noob questions belong in the newb section.

prove_it

Where did Mark go, this is his area. Or even Negros...

Jesus_Negros

Nope. I'm getting soft, remember?

prove_it

Oh yea. Let's see, was it Wooklar that was taking over your spot?

Jesus_Negros

Nah Wooklar wasn't trolling. He's just ignorant and fail at being a conspiracy theorist.

prove_it

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

LIV4PSI

OP, it does belong it the newb section as it is very basic stuff, don't take it personally.

I have both water pipes available. And I disagree with Alpha Male, you can still use a 91-94 turbo water pipe with a 90 OFH. You just have to block two coolant passages, which is much more common than switching water pipes.

Also, thedsmguy (Paul) is another great source for used parts

Last edited:

Wookalar

click

^ for all the newbs.

donkeylips

Quoting LIV4PSI:
OP, it does belong it the newb section as it is very basic stuff, don't take it personally.

I have both water pipes available. And I disagree with Alpha Male, you can still use a 91-94 turbo water pipe with a 90 OFH. You just have to block two coolant passages, which is much more common than switching water pipes.

Also, thedsmguy (Paul) is another great source for used parts

Yeah but swapping water pipes is the way to go! You just have to plan ahead a little bit and do it when the thing is apart. Thermostat housing too!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts