The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

dodge colt fenders

EHmotorsports

post the evidence. the side markers are completely different. click

MegaSuiter

Just was always getting related colt fenders when I searched galant. Yeah the turn signals look like theynwoildnt fit right either...

Wizardawd

Well, still the question is...will they fit. If it's only the side markers that are different, can you use colt sidemarkers in place of the galant ones? Someone needs to find a colt fender and see how close of a fit it is. I kinda like the thought of those colt side markers on a galant.

Wiz

89Mirageman

I just don't see it. Also there is a body line on the colt fender that would look really out of place on a galant. Not saying they can't be made to fit but I can almost guarantee they're not a bolt on deal. Lastly, why would you even want to attempt this?

EHmotorsports

I am guessing that people didn't click the link. you can see that they will not work with the galant body.

Coltsfan

"Found a cheap source for OE/OEM fenders." Please elaborate.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I bet you there is only one side of the fenders that is plentiful, in relation to Colts/Mirages.

I can't see the Colt/Mirage fender working on the galant. For onem the Galant is a longer car, in all respects and proportion.

I've seen the front end of a 6G Galant grafted into a C50 Mirage chassis ... was interest to say the least. It was a yellow Caribbean car.

citymunky

Quoting turbowop:
Are Galant fenders not plentiful in junkyards anymore?

Not really, IMO 6th Galants might be rarer that GVR-4 nowadays. Non-VR4 Galant for the most part have all been crushed years ago due to low resell value, I only even seen one non-VR4 Galant on the road and that was about 2 years ago. So far I seen at least 5 GVR4's on the road since I took ownership of one. As for as junk yards I only even seen 2 non-GVR4 in the yards, however there are TONS of 8th Gen Galants in the yards at any given moment.

turbowop

I just saw a '93 coming out of a touchless carwash yesterday, with nice headlights. I think a couple of the local yards still have one or two as well.

Fiascoxl

I don't think it would even be close to fitting, the Galant fender has a "bulge" right where the fender meets the front bumper which the CSM does not have.

Coltsfan

Wow steep, but it's nice to know someone still sells them.

GVR47111K

Quoting Wizardawd:
...I kinda like the thought of those colt side markers on a galant.

Wiz

Me three

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts