The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Discussion on caster

Whoodoo

Yes, this is correct. More caster gives more camber as the wheel is turned. However, the steering axis inclination works against this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your steering axis inclination was equal to your caster, then you would get no change in camber as you turn the wheel. More steering axis inclination than caster will make the outside tire gain positive camber with increased steering angle. More caster than steering axis inclination will make the outside wheel gain negative camber with increased steering angle.

I wish we had dual a-arms all around. It makes all this stuff so much easier. Mac struts make it hard to isolate one characteristic. Even if you have all the caster/sai/camber where you want it, as soon as you have any body roll, the camber changes as well.

KiNgMaRtY

There is also the Whiteline Caster bushings. You don't have to sacrifice the adjustability of camber for caster. You can have both. I assume the bushings can only get you so much though. How much do they allow you to adjust?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts