The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Different versions of tail lights that fit our cars.

manikbastrd

I know that there are 89, 91, and 92 tails that fit our cars. Are there any others? Also, I am trying to get a few pictures of each style on the car so I can compare them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mitsuturbo

Go look at the GVR4 for sale on Ebay right now. It's got EDM tails. That's definitely something to consider. I think they look fantastic.

manikbastrd

Good looking out! I love the front bumper so much also!

EDM tails.

Last edited:

coyotes

I must be the only person who doesn't care about taillights or different bumpers. I like the way the USDM VR4 looks on its own.

manikbastrd

I don't like the way the USDM bumper sticks out so far...looks like this...
img.php

I would love to do THIS , or maybe an EDM front bumper. The only bad thing about EDM is the foglights are non existent...

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Really don't get worse than this tho

92_talon_awd

There is always this...Which is why I ripped em off haha. (not my car BTW, just representative of what it looked like)

WesternMD_VR4

I'm using 92 non vr4 tails which are actually painted green which I like.

Sorry turbo negro but it actually doesn't get any worse than this. My first car was a 528e BMW and they were horrible

GSX_TC

Don't forget about the EDM 92 tails, they are the unicorn amongst all the tails IMO.

EgonOlsen

Quoting GSX_TC:
Don't forget about the EDM 92 tails, they are the unicorn amongst all the tails IMO.

There is nothing EDM about that tail. Not the middle part anyway.
Almost all EU countries have long narrow plates, so they would never use that middle part.

Most look like this:

img.php

Last edited:

maroonmetallic

Quoting GSX_TC:

Mike, those are 92/93 Galant taillights. The base model in the US had these instead of "LS" "ES" "VR4" or "GSR".
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-SShawn

maroonmetallic

Oops! I missed the red turn signals. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
The center section is def less rare than the outer lamps are!

I did paint a set with transparent red paint years ago & they did look similar.

-Shawn

JNR

I like the stock 92's on mine...they look so japanese of that era (like the original 300 ZX toward the end). Haven't seen anything else that would be a suitable replacement, although least there are some differences for those who do.

the only thing I don't care for is how the center section lower "stripes" are a different shade than the tail light "stripes".

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts