The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Different set of rims for 749/2000

GeorgeBillings

So I'll tell you now, I'm a impulse buyer.

As you guys may have seen, I just put mesh on my Galant and barely got away with the offset. Well now, I bought a set of rims for my Colt but the tires were too big. I threw them on the Galant just to see what they looked like and they turned ok. I don't like the sunken look but, still alright. Well I love Enkei RS Evolution's and I don't know if they make them anymore. A set popped up on my local CL and odd enough in the bolt pattern I needed. He didn't know they size so he went home and checked. They were exactly the size I wanted. So here's pics of all the rims I have which is way to many.

I'm going to rock the Enkei's and all I have to do is swap tires. Ignore the tires and check out the offset. I'm going to swap tires and put the 40 series on the Sportmax and put them on the Colt. There 16x8 will go my new project that should be here on Sunday. I'll post pics upon arrival.

Riverside Stitch
16x8 +44 offset 225/45/16
DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

Sportmax 036 +42 offset 17x7 215/45/17 Doesn't really seems like a +42
DSC_0675.jpg

DSC_0678.jpg

DSC_0676.jpg

Enkie RS-Evolution +38 215/40/17
DSC_0784.jpg

DSC_0785.jpg

DSC_0786.jpg

Rims with a "fwd lip" as I call it look goofy. They have a lip only because the spokes come out so far. The offset just looks bad on our cars (or anything for that matter). That's just my honest opinion. The polished wheels in the first pics look much better.

mistaVR4

Not bad George! Good to see your still keeping her real nice! I like the wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Nice choice.

Peace.

-Steve

GeorgeBillings

Quoting SmoothCustomer:
I don't know anything about your suspension but that wheel gap looks pretty bad on the enkeis.

That's due to the tires being a 215/40/17.

I have new tires on them and will get pics up.

Always been fan of the RSE's, and no, I don't think they're made anymore...

Last edited by a moderator:

H05TYL

It took me nearly 5 years to track down a set of RS evolutions to replace the Racing S wheels I bought off a friends parents a week into ownership of my first vr4.

EnkeiRSevolutionVSRacingS.jpg

17x7 +32
215/40's are okay with the ride height to suit.

zEnkeis5.jpg

2009_0619BlackCar0003.jpg

2009_0619BlackCar0014.jpg

2009_0619BlackCar0001.jpg

GeorgeBillings

gvr4.jpg

215/45/17

I polished the lip a little with some mothers polish. I love the wheels and they will stay.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts