The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

dash wires ?sss

Ok this may be a dumb ? but i really need some input.. i bought a parts car and a roller a few years back and i quit on them because i could not find some important parts. well know i found them and i am looking to put this thing together. it was a completly gutted car and i had to put the harness and all in well i have a bunch of plugs left over that are not being used and i was wondering if any one knew on average how many should be left with no home i was an old honda guy and have made the dsm jump and not to comfortable yet. Thanks for all the future help...

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Most guys here can help you readily with connector info if you supply pictures of the mystery parts and give some wire colors if the connector is identical to any other ones. If you give us general location it makes it easier.

fivestardsm

Just to ease your worries a little, there are a few wires/connectors under the dash that dont get used. The harness' were built to be somewhat universal between the motor, trans, and gadget options. So say that one has the auto suspension, but the other doesnt, well the wires will be there, but not used. Also, the other countries that had the LHD vehicles like ours, had some funky options that were incorperated into the wireing harness that ours did not have/use.

Last edited:

Im taking an educated guess and saying even if they are not hooked up they should not do any damage if i try to start the car once im done with the motor?

Thanks guys as soon as my TSI is together i will be putting the gvr4 in the garage

DR1665

I just pulled the dash a couple weekend ago. I've got a couple pictures of freshly disconnected harness bits on another computer. I'll post em up later this weekend and see if we can't get you straightened out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned