The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Daily racecar, 736/2000

736/2000

yubh8tn

Hey, I'm going to spam you with questions. Have you been on a dyno? How much whp are you making? With 2150's i'd imagine its relatively high. What cams do you have? What's your intake setup? I see ur running maf but I was kinda under the impression you needed to go SD to not restrict yourself, so what maf is that? I'm making less power than I expected so I wanna see what your setup is. I think I need cams and a bigger SD intake to make it to the 350-400whp mark I wanna be at. Making 260 on a dynojet currently

tyeler18

Hey, I'm going to spam you with questions. Have you been on a dyno? How much whp are you making? With 2150's i'd imagine its relatively high. What cams do you have? What's your intake setup? I see ur running maf but I was kinda under the impression you needed to go SD to not restrict yourself, so what maf is that? I'm making less power than I expected so I wanna see what your setup is. I think I need cams and a bigger SD intake to make it to the 350-400whp mark I wanna be at. Making 260 on a dynojet currently
Never been on a dyno so now clue what power it makes. I'm on pump gas and 22lbs of boost right now so it's nothing crazy. Intake is just a 3.25" pipe into an evo MAF, the evo maf has made 500+ without issue, is there power to be gained without it? Sure, but not enough to make it life or death to swap. Gains are minimal.

I'm on stock cams and intake, cams are really the necessary upgrade. I still make power at my 7k rev limit, 8k would be ideal to rev it out enough to be usable. The intake is still an upgrade, but gains again aren't as great as a cam swap would yield. 260 on a dynojet seems low, how much boost, pump gas, etc?

yubh8tn

I'm running 20lbs of boost on pump 92. I have a 68hta and a bigger treadstone tr6 intercooler. FIC 1000's, and maperformance beehive springs with titanium retainers. DSMLink v3 with a 3g eclipse maf. Similar to ur evo one but worse

tyeler18

I'm running 20lbs of boost on pump 92. I have a 68hta and a bigger treadstone tr6 intercooler. FIC 1000's, and maperformance beehive springs with titanium retainers. DSMLink v3 with a 3g eclipse maf. Similar to ur evo one but worse
Oh i thought you were on a red and that's why you were asking. 260 on a dynojet still sounds low for an HTA at 20lbs. We made 325 on 21lbs on a stock 6 bolt with intercooler and exhaust with a V1 HTA68. Car trapped 118? IIRC. Who tuned it?

yubh8tn

It was the bald dude at English Racing. I think his name was Aaron O'Neal. I forgot to mention but I have a 2.5in exhaust all the way back, no muffler cats or resonators.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts