The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cyclone manifold power limitations?

SOOOO here is the plan. doing a big 16g. EWG, 264 cams, 2g pistons, ported head, 3 angle valve job, evo springs and retainers with evo lifters. FMIC, 880 PTE injectors. V3, GM maf, completely fresh rebuild, good compression no expense spared on making it right, new everything arp everything, (yes balanceshafts!)

my question is. im shooting for good power 350+, what are my limitations with my cyclone manifold? anyone know of people going over 400 with one?

Street Surgeon

You'll be more limited by the 16G than anything else shooting for those power levels, also, remove the shafts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NO! I like my shafts! its like my engine is getting DP'ed all the time!
im out to prove they will last! maybee...

They flow the same huh...

what do you think of those ebay manifolds? i dont have the coin to shove out 600+ for a magnus or something. any recommend a cheaper option? what does Nate run?

cheekychimp

Why?

People have made really good power on stock intake manifolds, certainly well over 400 horsepower. Harry's car had a stock manifold, yes it was extrude honed but that gives 15% or around 40hp at most if I recall. Why buy a manifold specifically built for high rpms and big turbos if you are running a Big 16G? It is highly unlikely that you will make 400 horsepower on that setup, but assuming that you do (and props to you if you do) the Cyclone is still the best bet in my opinion because it will give you about 40 ft/lbs more torque down low and still allow you to max out the Big 16G.

gramkrakr89

I've got a cyclone setup that will be going on 689 when I get the time and $$$ to make things happen. It flows something like only 1 or 2 CFM less than a stock 1g manifold up top, but the improvement in velocity down low when the short runners are closed is gonna be worth it... just my $.02

good luck!

I am pretty sure i will hit close to the 400 mark. its not exactly stock.. ill have it dynoed in about 3 weeks

nsin

Hope you get at least 380whp! Lol what ecu?

v3 full... my question is there are many people who have made 400 + or - a few horses with a 16 why does this seem like rocket impossible science to alot of people? all the holset guys here look at me like i am absolutely insane.

i have 9-1 compression
built head, cams, GT manifold, external wastegate its perfectly attainable to get 400hp on 20 PSI.

alansupra94

How do you have 9:1 with 2g pistons? Also if you really wanted to see some gains, a 2g head would have been a better bet.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts