The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CV axel

I went to order new cv axel on rock auto, and there are a few different brands. Didnt know if anyone had input on which brand was preferable. I plan on ordering DS and PS for the front. trying to replace as much as possible up there with that metal on metal/ grind noise.

MellowVR4

Have anyone that rebuilds them in your area? If you have the OEM axles in the car now I'd say just get them rebuilt. By the way have you checked your axle support bearing for wear? That sometimes causes some noise if bad.

gvr4ever

In this case, it would probably be cheaper to buy a new one than the labor involved in rebuilding the old one. I ordered one from rock auto and I don't remember what brand I got, but it looked thicker and stronger that stock.

I'm mostly concerned about quality. Lot of reviews so I want to make sure I do this whole front end restoration right.

gvr4ever

I was looking up raxels and I didn't see Mitsubishi support anymore. Street car or track/drag car? If it's a street car, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It all breaks when you turn up the boost. Play, break, repeat.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts