The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Crank gallery ball removal

curtis

Thats Funny .....You found my exact ultrasonic cleaner

Chemicals aren't as bad as you think. I've played with different solutions and yes the ultrasonic cleaner/soap thats for ultrasonics do work a little better and faster but so far the next best thing I've found is the 3 dollar jugs of totally awesome from dollar general market. Two of them and then hot water. Some people use simply green and then there's the concentrated stuff from harbor freight but not good for aluminum.

curtis

Oh one other thing if your considering buying a big unit....ultrasonic sickness. It doesn't bother some people but others get it bad. I'm one of them ....I always put in ear plugs before I start and I also never put my hands in the solution while running. Don't need to boil any blood inside my fingers or clean any bones

prove_it

Quoting ApexHunter:
All of em, so i could do some thorough flushing!

This, if you do one end only, you won't get all the junk out and it will be loose. First start up will flush it out and into the engine where it will score up journals.

89Mirageman

I was able to get them all out finally. One had a giant ball of carbon sitting right behind the plug blocking half of the hole so I am glad I took the time to do this. Makes me wonder if my local machine shop ever did this when I took them cylinder heads. Something tells me probably not.

Now onto my next issue. I had to drill 3-4 of them out damaging the threads so I will need to find another plug and tap the hole. This looks to be a 1/8" BSPT plug. I could go up to 1/4" NPT but that's a huge jump. Maybe there's something metric in between the two?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts