The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Crank bolt washer stuck to sprocket

tektic

Liquid wrench, screwdriver and hammer? Unless somone siliconed it it mist be rust right?

Or just leave it alone. It needs to be there when you put it back on.

Last edited:

FlyingEagle

Staff member
When you use a puller to take the sprocket off, if there is a lip inside the pulley,
where the two meet, might work with a brass punch to separate them from behind.

Some guys here have been talking about upside down air spray cans (dusters for PCs), to super chill parts.

I'd chill before torching a pair of parts.

Make sure to clean up the surfaces with some light emery cloth before re-assembly.

They get stuck no matter what you do, most times.

If you drill and tap the washer, you could use a puller to remove this with no issue later down the road.

That's over engineering though ..... and it's probably rediculously hard to do.

Wolfpuss

Thanks all!

I will try both ways.

It needs to come off due to a leaky front main. I think I over-torqued the bolt last time causing this mess.

Ill update if I win

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Just take the sprocket off (or is that stuck too?). Washer can be knocked off after if you care to.

Wolfpuss

Thanks all!

I didnt realize that the whole thing can can just slide off.

Well, the car developed a problem while I was putting it back together. Ill update on a separate thread.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned