The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Couldn't find a JDM hood so i did this.....

MellowVR4

Yeah i know, its hard when you have them in the picture.

Hondasi88

1500 was prepping the car, body work "dings" and cutting into the hood in order to make the vents functional. They didn't charge me that but that was the base price at some of the places i checked on.

MellowVR4

i can see the work they did on the hood which is great, that would probably be the only thing ill have get done by a pro.

Hondasi88

I am like the other guy but i have 4 kids, work full time, part time job, school part time so time isn't on my side.

4Grim

My bro in law plastidipped his FRS himself and it came out like a pro and he has no painters experience. You will need 3 gallons of dip to do a normal car. He invested in a nice electric air less spray gun that was sale for $80 normally $100. Total investment was a lil over $200.

I plan to dip my other Galant.

Last edited:

cheekychimp

Quoting dc_style:
Paul,

I actually think what he did was plastidip it, which turns out quite nice and even. I'll be spraying mine down in the upcoming weeks here too until I can afford a real nice paintjob. Holds up well and doesn't look faded like primer jobs.

David,

I need to look into that then. I've not seen plastidip here but there are a few places that do decent matte paint. I don't think I'd do it for the daily but for the other car definitely. I did the TDM in matte black and it came out really nice. Definitely would look good on your car too. I really want those flares.

Drew84

I plasti-dipped my Mirage with Rattle cans and it came out decent. I haven't had time to re-do it with a proper spray gun.

Hondasi88

its been raining out here so no pics...robbie or 996 is meeting me in a few so i know he will take pics.

kama1

Quoting MarW90GSX:
Quoting 4Grim:
I am starting to give up on finding a authentic JDM RS hood. I might have to snag the next set of Evo 3 vents available for sale or see more details on the Evo X vents. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Even though I already have a real VR4 RS hood I would like to see how the X vents look on our cars

Here are evo X fiberglass vents,i think it would look better with a little massaging of the hood.

Hondasi88

I uploaded a cell phone pic just to give you guys an idea. In the coming weeks, I will take some real pictures with a real camera.

mitsuturbo

So, you just let water and whatever other debris may fall into the vents just drop directly onto the VC/head and exhaust mani/turbo? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek3run.gif

Last edited:

Hondasi88

Actually the vents came with a cover or as I call it a filter which I haven't had time to install. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the outcome and glad I selected this option.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts