The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Correct sock for GVR4 and Walbro 255 GSS342

I have a Walbro GSS342 fuel pump. I was wondering what sock will work on this pump in a GVR4. I know that getting my Wally 190lph installed was a pain in the behind because no one could make up their mind whether a 2g/1g/etc pump would work the best, so I want to try and do things right with the 255lph pump just in case the sock sitting in there is screwed up.

Thanks in advance

G

Staff member
Sock? You mean strainer?

JamesFoster

Are you talking about the rubber surround piece?

prove_it

Is the 342 pump the one for a 1g? A 2g awd pump is bolt in.

Where is the strainer that came with the pump? Just by the kit and you'll have it.

Last edited:

I think it is a 2g pump but so was my 190lph and it was "almost" bolt in.

The sock is sitting on the 190lph pump but I can't remember the history of the sock.

Push come to shove, I can just order the kit like you say but could have sworn someone mentioning that something locally from NAPA will do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts