The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Coolant temp sensor issues

trunks

I keep getting a error code 0021 on link. Two days ago, I replaced the sensor and ran new wires to the ecu since the wiring looked suspicious. I connected the grn/yel to pin 20 and the grn/bl to sensor ground pin 24. All was well yesterday except the car ran a little warm. I did check my thermostat position and turned it so the pin faced the block last night. Temps seem a little better but this morning my cel comes back on error 0021. Drop my kids off at daycare and the car won't start. I pop the hood and wiggle stuff and then it fired but I think its that cts.

The connector looks okay I sprayed some cleaner in there. Did I wire it wrong? There's a sensor ground pin 17 as well, but I think they are all connected though. Should I just ground the stupid thing out - but what consequences come from that? The darn fan runs all the time when it goes off so I want to get it fixed plus the not starting sucks too.

Thanks!

trunks

Well I think it's fixed. I had ran the lines in tandom with the stock harness thinking it was just a bad wire. It must have been shorting on something so I clipped of the factory wires and all seems well.

Thanks for the space /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned