The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Connecting an additional tachometer on 1g

GTX

Hi guys, I need to install an additional tachometer with rev light. Before I burry myself into the world of circuits and figure out where to pickup a rev signal, I wonder if anyone of you has done it already on 1g/vr4? Mine is 91.

Thanks
A.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
My advice would be to de-pin the outgoing side of a connector inside the cabin that is reasonably accessible, and put in a new pin and wire that goes direct to your new tach.

I don't think electrically there is anyway to "double" the tach signal as such.

If you are standalone or ECMLink, there may be other options available.

jrtech

Quoting GTX:
Hi guys, I need to install an additional tachometer with rev light. Before I burry myself into the world of circuits and figure out where to pickup a rev signal, I wonder if anyone of you has done it already on 1g/vr4? Mine is 91.

Thanks
A.

Hi GTX,

Ignition power transistor unit. If you have a 91+ coil and PTU you should see "tach" molded into the plastic @ the pins.

fuel

is that what the penis is shooting at?

jrtech

I dunno what you're talking about mate. You are gonna scare the newbies off with that kinda language.

strokin4dr

yep, shooting straight at it.

GTX

Many thanks guys! I'll try..

jrtech

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you run into problems one of us will prolly bail you out.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts