The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Confirming which fuel pump kit we need.

WaRrIoRs16

Do we want the 1g, 2g, or Evo walbro 255lph fuel pump and installation kit?

I have been searching and I found threads with one or two people saying 2g or evo, but no really assuring posts. I also see threads talking about modifying the 1g one, so Im not sure and I figured I would ask to be sure which one, if any, drops straight in with no modification. I'm sorry if I missed a thread in my search that directly confirms which one to use. Thanks

Last edited:

turbowop

This is where I've purchased both my old 190lph and the HP255lph that's in 1051 now:

click

It includes the short piece of high pressure fuel line and requires cutting the flare/oring part of the pump hanger off, but works better, IMO. There is an explanation on the site for the mods needed here:

click

click

Last edited:

What injectors are you planning on installing? Part of the equation is how much fuel you are going to need to support your mods.

jepherz

Staff member
I had posted a picture a long time ago showing that the 1g pump was not the correct orientation. You can make it work, but it's not the same as stock. I'll see if I can find it.

WaRrIoRs16

Thank you for the prompt replies. It looks like I'm going to go with the 2g pump because its oriented the correct way. I'm still a little confused on whether or not I need the installation kit, I see that one person said he got the 2g pump and the 1g installation kit but he didn't really say how it worked out. I'll just get the 2g install kit with it since its only like 10 dollars extra. I see those pictures on how the high pressure fuel line was used, so it looks like it will work out.

I was trying to view the website that you linked where you bought your fuel pumps Mark, but it doesn't appear to be working. I don't know what size injectors I will be using, but an injector upgrade is not exactly in my near future. Im not intending to build a race car, so from what I have seen, it looks like an AFPR and a walbro 255 will be more than enough for me. Thank you for the responses.

Dialcaliper

If you haven't bought the pump yet, Auto Performance Engineering sells kits specifically for GVR-4 and 3000GT's - they are a 2G kit with some extra parts

Slight modification is required.

Pump kits sold here. Search for the FPD012 kit

Install Details Here

If you aren't going to be running humongous injectors, and you have an AFPR, you might consider an Evo IX pump, which is a direct drop in - it flows right around where a Evo 8/190 does at low pressures, but the relief valve doesn't open until higher pressures.

An Evo 8/190 pump will handle 650/660 cc injectors and/or up to 27/28 psi boost at the stock 37psi base fuel pressure (the relief valve cracks at 65psi total fuel pressure). If you start bumping your base fuel pressure up, you get less flow out of any pump you use, relief valve or not

Graph on Evo and Walbro pumps

More info from RRE that slightly disagrees with the above

Last edited:

WaRrIoRs16

Thank you for the link to that website, from the instructions it looks like the only modification is just to cut the flared part of the fuel pump assembly tube. Im guessing thats the website that Mark got his pump from as well since he described the same method. Thank you for the help.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts