The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

compressor surge & Link - general input welcome

mikus

I'm working against compressor surge on a 50 trim after about ~21psi. Any general thoughts/suggestions are welcome as this is my first foray with a non-MHI sized turbo, real surge, and ECMlink.

• I'm on ECMlink v3 and ready to switch over to SD, which will eliminate the GM MAF & help airflow a bit. Assuming surge is still there after I switch, I'm hoping to tune around it --- but I'm still pretty green to ECMlink, not sure I understand how realistic that is

• There's not much opportunity to increase airflow beyond a larger turbine housing or SMIM, hoping to avoid that route and would prefer SMIM first if it would help.

• Mod list HERE

• to be sure -- I'm talking real surge at compressor, stacking boost, no BOV crap. Bad choppy sound at 22psi, boost stalls out, all symptoms fit what I've read.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned