The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Completed the car - starter wont engage?

yubh8tn

Hey guys, so kinda a weird problem... I finished putting the car together and when I turn the key I can hear the pump and the injectors (until they were primed), and I can hear the starter try to do something... but whatever that is, it's not start the car. It kinda sounds like the starter when it sticks out is hitting the flywheel, very weird issue. Maybe I wired it backwards or something but I really don't think so.. anyway, hoping you guys had some insight. Thanks

also - its not the battery, hooked up a jumper pack to make sure it wasn't that.

Last edited:

tyeler18

The little rubber bumper on the pedal is probably MIA and not contacting the switch. 9/10 times thats what happens, the stopper disintegrates over the years.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I think I may still have a couple of those clutch bumper rubbers around if you need one. I wouldn't charge $8 to ship one to you like a retail company.

I was looking to order 8 $1.50 seat pins for a BMW last week, and the place wanted $14 to ship them. The total weight of all 8 had to be about an ounce. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts