The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Combination Switch

holeshotmoe

Last night I turned the left blinker on and the headlights go out. Same with the right turn. Anyone know what piece in the combo switch is actually broken? I looked around and the parts houses want takusan okane for the assembly.

holeshotmoe

Took the switch out tonight. Was examining the backside and found this:

See it? Bottom right. When in neutral or left turn position, the wires are touching and the headlights work:

But push up on the stick to turn right, and the cable in the arm is pulled ever so slightly and the wires disconnect. That little bit of flexing after 205K miles of changing lanes under boost /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif eventually caused it to break:

The headlight relay is grounded via this wire by the headlight switch. So I stripped and cleaned the ends, soldered them together and taped the connection back up. All good. Here is the circuit with the junction marked:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Nice find/repair.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned