The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cold air intakes

why is it i cannot find any cold air intakes wherever i look wondering if i can just find one for an evo 8 or 9 and use that one any input would be great

Whoodoo

I think the ETS intake is not what would be considered 'cold air'. It keeps the intake filter in the same general location, but gives room for larger intercooler piping.

Like stated above, a 2g intake will work, but you need to move the battery. Getting a true cold air intake will require some custom work.

EMX5636

If you are trying to mod/build this car out of a catalog, then I'm sorry to say that you bought the wrong car. These have few off-the-shelf parts (besides a couple companies) which is most of the fun of designing and building your own things.

Quoting 92vr48man:
why is it i cannot find any cold air intakes wherever i look wondering if i can just find one for an evo 8 or 9 and use that one any input would be great

Look at an Evo 8 or 9 motor and then look at GVR4 motor. They have the intakes on the other side.

EJ045

may be you can fab a pipe so as to relocate your aftermarket air filter underneath beside the transmission..cooler air gets there (through the front bumper) especially during high speed.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

steve

Quoting EMX5636:
If you are trying to mod/build this car out of a catalog, then I'm sorry to say that you bought the wrong car

This.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned