The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch swap, locked out of gears. Broken fork? How do I check?

yeti

So I just got my transmission back and I played with the gear shifters and the input shafts and everything moved before I installed it,

I just tried starting it up right quick after installing everything but before torquing( transmission and transfercase torqued)

Started up fine but I was locked in neutral and my gear selector sticks to the left when in the 1st or 2nd area.

Pretty upset, kinda feeing like I just suck lol.

Could the miss shift from 3-2 at around 80mph of caused this? I limped home afterwards shifting terribly but still putting it in gears

God help me

yeti

I had the forking shifter cables backwards...

Sorry, I did this swap after a overnight work shift and still haven’t slept.

Everything is gravy now, Phew.

Last edited:

gvr4ever

I'm surprised they fit backwards. If you were that tired, make sure you didn't miss that 1 back transmission bolt, that gets missed.

yeti

Talkin about the little one that goes in the backside through the dowel? Was the first thing to get loctite /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts