The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

clutch problems

Boos929

when I push my clutch all the way in I get a terrible grinding/clicking sound and it dogs out my rpms car still drives fine and noise goes away when clutch is half way out ....throwout bearing ? any other things it could be ? also ill be doing a clutch very soon anything I should replace while Im doing the clutch ?

SouthCaliVR4

throw out bearing, clutch over extending & pressure plate fingers hitting disk even Crank walk. first check all bell housing bolts. Have a friend push on the clutch while you watch the bell housing to block gap for movement. a lot of time bolts back out & or where not reinstalled properly.

Boos929

it sounds like something that's rotating that's rubbing I just ordered a new clutch just wanna make sure I have everything I need to do the clutch any gaskets I should get ?

galant651

you dont really need any gaskets but if you have the time and money i would recommend doing seals like the rear main, both transaxle seals and a pinion seal on the tcase.

G

Staff member

Boos929

you wouldn't happen to know the part numbers for those seals would ya ? or a good place to order them through ?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned