The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CLUTCH PEDAL ASSEMBLY WON'T GET THE f@# OUT. LOL

Hey guys I have spent the better part of the day working on getting this thing out...I'm suppose to just pull it down turn counter clockwise and pull it out. Come monday it's off to sheps (stoked!, considering the car has been chillin for 5 months or so). So my problem is after pulling the break master cylinder as far as I can within the engine bay, I still can't seem to clear the master cylinder from the inside of the car......Help. If you have any suggestions, thanks for looking out. Can't wait to be back on the road.

P.S.: is a 89-94 dsm short shifter a direct bolt on. I have don't a bit of research, just want to be sure befor clicking "BUY NOW."

SmoothCustomer

^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif At least someone is learning around here. A 91-94 DSM shifter is a direct bolt on, 90 is potentially different. I have never tried to take a brake master cylinder out while the engine is in the car but if the engine is not in the car you should be able to take it all the way out no problem. On a side note, I wonder what some guys do for a living when they can afford to have shep work on their transmissions but can't string together one post that has correct grammar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

I wasn't aware this site was full of Grammer teachers...thanks for the help but next time don't bother if your going to be a ass about it.

yeti

DUDE YOUR QUOTE IS LUPE FIASCO......enough said

Why should we help when we have to WORK TO UNDERSTAND YOUR POST?
so we work two times and you work none???????

trust me the spelling and punctuation thing just NEEDS TO improve if you expect any help what so ever
take a look at my beginning thread posts(i'm not gonna lie my punctuation is still fucked up)

click,All_Forums,&Words=yeti&Searchpage=4&Limit=25&Main=939772&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post941129

click,All_Forums,&Words=yeti&Searchpage=3&Limit=25&Main=948591&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post950664

Diego

^this guy right here was tortured for his grammar.

bmxkid415

Half the day to get the pedal assembly out? Why are you removing the brake master cylinder? Have you pulled the steering column out of the car? After the column is out of the way the assembly pretty much falls out after a few bolts. 4 bolts or so? Its been awhile and only took me about 2 hours or so to get it out and in.

I know if you search you will find detailed pictures and directions.

yeti

Quoting Diego:
^this guy right here was tortured for his grammar.

At least i was not the only one who thought so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Pull the connectors from the steering colum, remove the plastic colum cover and undo the colum bolts, I think it was three down near the floor and 4 near the steering wheel.
Undo the three near the floor first as that is the hinge point for the adjustable colum and it will be easier.
then hold the colum up (so it doesn't drop in your face) while you undo the 4 bolts near the steering wheel.
You shouldn't need to remove the colum completely, just drop it down so you have some room. That saves having to align the steering splines like you would if you removed it altogether.

Have you removed the pivot pin from the pedal for the master cyl? there are two bolts holding the assymbly under the dash, and two nuts in the engine bay as you would have already removed. Also don't forget the return spring for the clutch too. after that it should come out with some jiggling.

I can take photos if it helps as I still have the panels off in that area.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for all the help guys. Considering that I am still a newbie and honestly really new to this whole forum thing. I didn't think I was going to get blasted for it; I will work on it. Thanks for the steps but I already got everything out as far as bolts and the steering column. I followed this click It is full of pics (Hope this link helps some1 else in the future).

I pulled the break master cylinder away from firewall as far as I can get it without breaking anything. Yet I still can't clear it from the inside. Its getting snagged on the break master cylinder rod on the inside.

Also, I was honestly considering sending it off the sheps just to make sure it was done right. Instead would a good weld suffice.

ps Lupe is dope, Yea it's a car forum...booo-frikin-hoo. If you were into hiphop you would understand.

The pivot pin on the end of the master cylinder rod, right? It seems that it is really on their and I can't find my vice grips. I will be picking up a pair today. That should prob allow me get the pedal assembly around the rode. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

attachment.php

according to this click

Is the only thing that needs welding to fix the assembly? Also any tips on going about fixing this thing without messing it up.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts