The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch dragging

gvr4144

Well I was driving recently when my car started shifting like a turd. I revved it up in gear with the Clutch pushed in and the car started to move. So I know the clutch was fully disengaging. So I adjusted the it at the master and that did helped for a few days,but then it got to where I could barley get in gear and the clutch would grab at start up. I figured it was the master which I just replaced and no luck. I guess I'll try the slave, but my question is have you guys had the same symptoms with the slave? I still have high clutch pressure.

Last edited:

KiNgMaRtY

It is a common issue with the GVR4's and the 1g's. It could be the slave, master or possibly even a worn pedal.

gvr4144

Okay, I have a slave coming tomorrow. I'm thinking it's that compared to a peddle with how quick it started. Where in the peddle system can it wear?

KiNgMaRtY

When I pulled mine, I had Shepard rebuild mine. I believe JNZ will rebuild it if you don't want to do it yourself.
One way to test if it needs to be rebuild is press down on the pedal, now reach down and if you can pull it up anymore by hand than there is play and should be rebuilt. I attempted to pull mine up and it did not appear to have play but I sent it out to have it rebuilt anyway and it was shot still.
It definitely is not fun to pull it out.
Here is a little how to on DSMtuners click

Fish

I had this issue with mine a few years ago. I replaced the master and slave cylinders. It was a little better but still hard to shift into gear. I ended up buying the 92 slave cylinder with the smaller bore and it's been perfect ever since.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts