The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

clutch chatter?

MellowVR4

ok, i know i got clutch chatter. What other proplems will clutch chatter cause in the long run besides the noise at idle, and also would i just here the clutch chattering at idle or can i also here it while im driving and at deceleration. The reason is beacause im trying to diagnose some noises coming from the front and rear of my car, it almost sounds like i need to replace all of my bushings but not sure. In the front of the car theirs a noise that sounds like metal hitting each other at decerleration, but that could be my clutch chatter. idk i guess i dont know were to start. if anybody has any tips, or ideas of what might be wrong with my car it will be very well appreciated. thanks

4thStroke

Sounds like it may be the clutch throwout bearing. When was the last time it was replaced?

Which clutch are you using?

The only clutch Ive ever heard make noise when in neutral and disengaged is a twin disc.

MellowVR4

i have a zoom stage 2, new throw out bearing, fidanza flywheel. i changed it like 5000 miles ago.

MellowVR4

?

Check your front motor mount (roll stop). If the clutch is chattering, the engine will be rocking back and forth accordingly as the load is fluctuating through the driveline. If the rubber in the mount is old and tired like mine was, it can stretch or tear to the point that the engine bracket will make contact with the front crossmember.

MellowVR4

oh i see i will defenetly check that out tomorrow, i never thought of that. thnx

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned