The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Climate conrol, Wiring, SCANS (BIG)

misterfixit

A while back I said I'd post the wiring diagrams of JDM climate,

So here they are. Dude with your RHD '89 VR4, and the sold wing you'll want to be saving these!

So here goes.
I'm waiting for mitsubishi to fill in the gaps on the config diagrams so I'll post these as a follow up.

Wiring:
]https://www.galantvr4.org/img.php?id=9000&width=400[/img][/url]
img.php
[/url]

Component location:

Configs:

Enjoy....

I'll try to fill in the gaps as and when!

Richard

Last edited:

Cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Thanks for the great info.
Nowwww...if someone would just post the same info for how to wire up the Cyclone intake properly, including vacuum diagrams..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hertz

Staff member
Richard: Thank you for all these killer images you've been posting!

Jeff: Do a search NEWBIE!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quote:
Jeff: Do a search NEWBIE!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm talking about the ORIGINAL JDM wiring schematics for the ECU-to-Cyclone connections, including the vacuum line routing too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

misterfixit

I was thinking the same thing,

The cyclone intake was fitted to 1991.8 to 1992 European 2l gti na models, I'll scan th vac diagram and post, I just have to remember which lump its in. My manual is in 5 3" thick volumes and covers all but JDM. covers Europe, GCC, middle east,Hong kong, Austrailia and NZ.
NZ markets are closest to JDM spec because of the low low low production runs.

I also have the schematics for the "JDM" headlight wiring, all versions...! These were fitted allover except europe.

Do you guys have JDM caps?

Would be willing to trade a copy for the Galant Tech Manual.

Any other requests and I'll see what I can do..

Rich

misterfixit

someone was looking for Some info on climate control?

Rich

kitcho

Quote:
I also have the schematics for the "JDM" headlight wiring, all versions...! These were fitted allover except europe.

could you post these up? i am going to need to make it seem like my car has DRLs (for inspection). I have a 1991 JDM VR4. I am planning on running a wire from a constant power source to the low beam wire so headlights are on all the time. All I need to know what color the low beam wire is and where it is under the dash.

thanks

Last edited:

3Diamond

Or you can go to canadian tire and get a universal DRL kit for ~25$. How did you imprt it into CDN? Do you have to make any more adjustments? I heard that they also require you to have the rear baby seat anchors intalled as well.

kitcho

you live in vancouver.. haven't you seen any rhd vehicles driving around? but anyways, the only modification i need to make is DRLs. The car also has to be safe, so no rust holes, boots and joints need to be in good shape, aftermarket exhaust needs a dB test. I have spoken to those who have already gone through the process and all in all it is very easy.

anyone know what color the lowbeam wire is?

thanks

misterfixit

Sorry, Have posted the missing config diag 2-31, now will try to find the rest of the requests, they should be up in a few days..

Rich

misterfixit

Here's the headlights

Genral export first, It's how the JDM headlight power is wired!

Here's the northern european version. These have DRLS.

Here's the DRL circuit:

Hope this helps..

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts