The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Chip ID

Just trying to finf some info about this chip in my ECU. It has a sticker on the top that reads:
75/60/50 680
HACKED 2GM

I assume from what I know that this is a chip for 680 injectors and a hacked 2G MAF. Anyone else know anyting about it?

Brunoboy

im gunna assume 7500 rev limit, 5 and 6 k stutter 680 injectors, Hacked maf

What's the deal with the hacked MAF? Does something need to be changed in the chip to use a 2G MAF?

Brunoboy

take a pic of the chip, it might be easier to tell, I think whoever owned it before had honeycombs taken out of it? meaning hacked, you do need to change the chip for a stock 2g maf

The sticker on the chip is clear and text is in black, really hard to see on a pic (at least with my phone).

I'll check the MAF screens. Thanks for the tip.

Was the previous owner a member on here? If you PM me their name I could tell you if its a chip I did for them.
A hacked 2G MAS generally indicates that some screens are missing in the MAS.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned